Sunday, August 23, 2009

Marathon Update.

So, I ran my longest run to date yesterday....18 miles. It was supposed to be a 20 mile run, but I stopped at 18 to get a freezy pop and when I tried to start running again, my body was like "I don't think so." I ran with a running group from Rochester and they don't stop for anyone...fortunately I was near where my brother lives and he came and picked me up. My whole body hurt, literally. I had several blisters, and lots of chafing! BUT...I did it...only two more long runs before the big day (October 4th). It was a gorgeous run...mostly on the Erie Canal. You know you are running a long way when you run through several towns! As sore as I was, it felt so great....mentally. I don't know why but it has always been a goal of mine to run in a marathon....and I am getting closer and closer to that goal.

A lot of other things have been keeping me busy too. Getting Kman ready for school, trying to find a job, having garage sales...and more.

I am still recovering from the run...I am sooo tired and hungry....so that is all I am gonna write for now so I can go eat more!! =)

2 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I'm so proud of you!

I felt so bad for you today at church! But, I know that the inconveniences of blisters etc. won't slow you down :)

We'd love to come cheer you on at your marathon!

-Andrea

Kristin Miller said...

WOW! You're AWESOME! I'm so excited for you!!! I did a 10 miler (Which I was aiming to be a 14 miler) but I think I got a mild case of heat stroke...yea...90 degrees and running not so good! See if your spectators can see you twice...My 1/2 was in Central park and I looped twice so I got to see my fan section twice and it was SO helpful...at the almost halfway point and at the almost done point! You're going to be a rockstar. Blisters are horrible I have plenty...flood your feet with body glide is the remedy I hear most often!