Monday, October 12, 2009

My Parents


These pictures (taken by Andrea) speak a thousand words. It has been a tough year, a tough journey...filled with emotions like; sadness, heartbreak, anger, denial, etc....my twin brother is gone, my parent's son is gone. I ran this race in memory of him and it meant a lot to my parents, as I think you can see in these pictures. It obviously doesn't bring him back, but I am realizing how important it is to remember him....it is especially important to Mom and Dad.

2 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

These photos are priceless... you are more right than I will ever know... they say so much.

-Andrea

bethany said...

I know it's been forever since you posted these (and ran your marathon). But I was just looking at them again tonight and thinking of you and Ben and all that you must have been through during this past year (or so). Life is a battle every day, isn't it? I can't imagine losing my twin and think of you often.

All that to say, I didn't know Ben very well, but he is not forgotten.