Monday, May 25, 2009

Long Run



Yesterday was my 10 mile run. It was amazing. There were times it felt really difficult, but then there were times it felt amazing. I was able to just run, think, pray and enjoy God's nature. It took me an 1 hour and 40 minutes (which was my goal time). My neighbor let me borrow her forerunner 405 sports watch...oh my goodness, never knew they made something like that. It is a GPS for runners...it tracks your miles, pace, time, calories and more. It was amazing....till I looked online and saw that they cost $300!! Oh well, she said I could borrow it for my long runs on Sundays. I don't even feel that sore today, and feel like running. Although, I won't because I know my body needs a break. Can anyone guess how many calories I burned running 10 miles??






Ok, I burned 1,300 calories! Oh my goodness, I was soo hungry all day!!

So, this weeks running is intense and I hope I can get it all in. It is gonna be a busy week. Mark has the EF leadership conference and it is also his last week coaching baseball so we will see how much I can get in.

This is my schedule:
Tuesday 6 miles
Wednesday 8 miles
Thursday 6 miles
Saturday 4 miles
Sunday 10 miles

I have pictures of some of me runs....but I can't get them to download...maybe next post I will have figured it out.

4 comments:

G. said...

Hi KT, glad to see you back blogging.:) I can't believe how much you run...that's amazing! I just started running about a week and a half ago, and I'm not even over a mile yet. way to go!

Painting 4 Him said...

Katie, So excited to hear about your runs...you are an amazing example to me. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Wow - that is amazing!!! Way to go!!

Kristin Miller said...

HI! So glad you wrote! I will keep up and blogstalk you too now...it's better than reality tv I'll tell ya! I'm running a 10k this sunday, first one since my half. Contemplating a full marathon next year...Brian found out there's a marathon in Green Bay WI where you run through the tunnel the Packers run through and the race ends on Lambeau Field...guess who suddenly decided running is cool?! Ha ha ha but I'm still not sure if MY body will hold up...I'm 5'2" and would seriously be running for 5 hrs I'm sure! CONGRATS ON TEN MILES! 10 is the perfect "long run", I got sore for 12, but 13.1 with all the adrenaline felt like nothing! ;-) GOOD LUCK!