Friday, April 29, 2011

My sweet boys!


It has been awhile since I last blogged and a lot has happened!! First, of all here is a pic of our sweet JJ. He is such a blessing. I can't believe he is already 3 months old! He is smiling and laughing...he is generally a happy baby! He sleeps ok...not through the night yet, but we are working on it! He LOVES his big brother and watches him all the time!
People have been telling me that JJ looks like my twin brother (who passed away 2 years ago) Ben. I think he does too. It is surprising considering Mark has all the dominant genes! When Ben died, I remember crying out to God saying that I wish I could have another baby boy so I could name him after Ben. I obviously didn't name him after Ben...because my brother had a baby boy and named him after Ben. BUT, isn't God so good....I had a boy and he looks a little like my brother!
Oh-I don't think I wrote about my labor...pretty much everything went wrong. I was in labor for 48 hours...I didn't get an epidural till hour number 26! Basically, I didn't progress passed 9 and a half cm....I tried pushing for a few hours too! But, in the end I spiked a fever and they had to do an emergency C-section. The hardest part was knowing that JJ would be taken right away to the special care nursery! It was a God thing that he was a C-section though because the cord was wrapped around his neck 2 times and he was born in meconium (I have no idea how to spell that!). As soon as I had JJ Mark had to pretty much go home because Kman was soooo sick and not breathing well! Mark couldn't stay at hospital with me either...so it was a little rough, but it all worked out in the end!
There has been so much joy with the arrival of JJ as he is a answer to many many years of prayer. We always tell Kman that he was our first miracle baby and JJ is our second! The hardest part about having a new baby is the time I miss with Kman. I have cried many times because our relationship is different-he was my first and I spent so much time with him!! But, I know it is good for him and me to have another little one around!

No comments: