Monday, November 19, 2007

Decorations

I know...I am crazy...I already have my Christmas decorations up! I have good reason though...first, it just makes me cheery to see my favorite decorations up and 2nd we bought K a train to go around the Christmas tree for his birthday. His bday is a few days after Thanksgiving and we wanted to get the train set up the night before....and I didn't want to put the train and tree up the same night! Anyways, we had pizza delivered the other night...and you should have seen the look on the delivery guy's face!

I have had this ornament since 1983...my church used to make all the kids these when they were little...and so here I am!

I love my nativity set...and more importantly K loves it. He has loved looking and listening as I describe what Christmas is truly about. He really loves making the animal sounds too!





















4 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

That picture of you in 1983 is so cute! We were in pre-school together when I was three years old - you and Ben must've been four. Doesn't that seem wild to you?!

I was just laughing about some people having their Christmas lights up already. :) I can see the logic for you guys.
What an awesome present for Kyle! My kids would flip over something like that!

Can I just tell you I am in love with having pizza delivered. We never did that growing up - I actually had some delivered for the first time in my life (I think) over the summer. It was SO fun!

Enjoy the tree, it's beautiful! I am looking forward to having our up as well.

-A

The Growing Goodsons said...

I love the ornament from when you were younger, what a good idea. I can't believe you have Christmas decorations up already, well actually I can, it seems like a Katie thing plus it's a good reason with K's gift. It'd love to come over and see it sometime. It sounds fun!

Crystal's Elite Dance Studio said...

Well, I have to say I can't blame you. With me being 8 months pregnant, and not knowing when she'll make her debut, we wanted to get stuff out earlier than normal. Unfortunately, it still sits in the closet. We'll probably get around to it this weekend though. Plus we're having a christmas party here on dec 1, so we have to have everything up by then!! =)

MICHELLE said...

KT - I may be the only other one but if I could get a real tree up and keep it alive through the holidays, it would have been up last Saturday. Yikes - that scares me a bit. Just in the mood this season. I'm with ya sister!

Your tree is even more lovely in person. Thanks for having us visit this morning! Have fun with the train!