Saturday, March 2, 2013

Life

I haven't blogged in so very long....with good reason. I have been busy with babies...God is so GOOD! We welcomed our little Kase into the world on November 16th 2012! I was so stressed about Kase's delivery because I had to have an emergency C-Section with Josiah (after 48 hrs of labor) and I didn't want to do that again...but, I didn't really want a C-Section either....so I decided not to make any decisions and just see what happened....AND, God totally worked out all the details. I was only in labor a total of 3 hours...a little different then the 48 hours with Josiah. It was so fast, I couldn't get an epidural or anything, which according to Mark I BEGGED for...haha, it is tough when you are in the middle of it and can't get relief!! BUT, I did it with HIS strength and Kase came out a big, beautiful, perfect little boy. We named him Kase Benjamin after my twin brother. So glad to have 3 boys!
Anyways, we have faced some challenges over the years first with infertility, and now with our oldest son Kman...I thought I may start blogging more about what I am learning about him and about "special needs" kids in general...and what I am learning about myself. I have had to give up so much control (apparently, I really like to be in control) ....and with Kman there is no control! Mark and I have been praying for  years that the LORD would give us wisdom in dealing with Kman and of late we have gone to an amazing children's psychologist that has helped us tremendously. He has helped us understand our son, which we desperately want. We are committed to learning about him and learning how to parent him better. I have become much less judgemental through the process too....learning that as good as a parent as you try to be that there are some things that just are VERY difficult.

 I'd like to first tell you about how great Kman is...he is super energetic, loving, affectionate, bright, loves to read and is good at it, loves to be with friends and family, loves to cuddle and loves his family so much as he says so like a million times a day! He is a JOY and a miracle and we are so thankful for the opportunity we have to love him!

Our Kman has a few different things going on in his body (which I may talk about in future blogs) and it has been enlightening to learn about it, and we continue to pray for guidance, wisdom, strength and grace. We know that with the LORD's help and intervention our son will grow, thrive and overcome...out hearts break that our 7 year old has some very big challenges in his life...but we also know that HE has a purpose and will help and bless us through the process.

I have felt VERY alone over the years, as I have felt that I couldn't talk to people about my son, or that I couldn't bring him places for fear of being judged....I am getting over it and learning to just LOVE him and am learning all the time how to better parent him.

SOOO...here is to our journey and I will share some of it with you...so that maybe you can understand other people a little better, or be less judgemental, or just be more educated on what it is like to live with someone with extra challenges....

No comments: