Thursday, January 10, 2008

Continued Success


A few people have asked me how K has been doing in his big boy bed, and I have to say he is doing quite well. He has not gotten out of his bed since the first night. Although, last night he did fall out of bed...M and I ran upstairs to find a completely stunned little boy, I think he thought he was going to be in trouble! We just laughed and said "Oh, you fell out of your big boy bed, be careful!", and put him back. It was actually quite hilarious. He does, however, take like an hour to get to sleep...he just lays and talks and looks at a book and every once in a while says "Mommy gone" in a really pathetic, sweet kind of way. Last night is the first night with the new bed that he slept totally through the night. The other nights he has called for me, without getting out of bed though! So, I think we made a good choice...he really loves his bed!
On a side note, I have to brag on K again. I am so proud of him. We had to go to the doctors today to have his MMR challenge done (3 and a half hour appointment, with lots of poking and prodding). He was supposed to get it at 15 months, but due to his egg allergy we put it off. So, they had to do skin testing first...just like what they did for his flu shot. He does so well...I mean, don't get me wrong he fights it and gets upset, but during the waiting time he was happy as could be, saying "Hi" and "Bye" to all the nurses checking on him! At one point they let us walk all around the offices...he was marching and following one of the nurses (I thought it was so sweet of her to play follow the leader with him!) and saying "Hi" to everyone. They all thought he was so cute, and he was. He is already learning life lessons...today being that you often have to do things that aren't fun in life...but, you have to do them anyways, and make the most of it...which is exactly what he did today. Go K!!!
The last thing I have to say is that....WE ARE FINISHED WITH IMMUNIZATIONS TILL HE IS 5 or 6...(except the flu shot every year....but that is it!) PRAISE THE LORD!!!!

2 comments:

G. said...

Congrats to K! I chuckled when you said you could hear him say "mommy gone." that's so cute!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Yay for a big long break from vaccinations! He sounds like such a trooper.

I am so happy that he is doing so well in his big boy bed... it gives me hope! I remember you telling me about when he use to sleep in his car seat next to your bed- he's come a long ways!

-Andrea