Monday, January 28, 2008

Cooped Up!

It has been so cold here...and so we haven't really gotten outside much. I almost always take K out at least once a day for a half an hour or so. He has been asking, and wanting to play in the snow, but I haven't wanted to brave the cold weather. Thankfully, it is supposed to warm up a bit this week! Anyway, this morning I decided to bring snow inside to him...I put it on his roller-coaster (which is a toy our neighbors have let us borrow, it is awesome...there is a cart you sit on and zoom down the two hills ...K LOVES it!). Anyways, he really enjoyed eating clean, white snow off the coaster!


I feel so cooped up , I can't imagine how K feels...so I am trying to do anything to make his days a bit more exciting! Do any of you have ideas for activities in the home (for a busy toddler!) during this long winter?



Yummy Snow!



MMMMM....

Check Out the roller-coaster...now imagine K on a cart thing and zooming down!! FUN!

4 comments:

G. said...

That roller coaster looks like fun!
I don't know if K would like this or not but, Kole likes to play with dried beans. I put them in a baking sheet or a large tupperware and give him some cups and spoons and he plays with that. He loves it! For Ava I do the same but with small dried pasta like shells or elbows. I just make sure she doesnt't eat it. You could also use dry rice if you wanted...just a thought. Oh, and be prepared to sweep the floor when he's done! It's worth it though for the fun they have. :)

Rachel said...

Wow, that is some roller coaster! And glad to hear about the speech!

Debbie said...

I'd love to come visit sometime! That might kill some time. It's been fun catching up with K on your blog. I'll bet that's about the ONLY way to catch up with him!

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

love the roller coaster! I remember those cold, homebound days... but never thought to bring the snow inside - what a great idea :)

when they're bouncing off the walls (and each other)we try to direct some of that energy - we've set up obstacle courses, make forts, dance. Of course now that I have older ones they set up most of it and I don't do as much - but I should - it's good exercise!