Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year...Open Doors.

(Handsome Boy in Handsome Jacket!)
We had a wonderfully quiet and peaceful New Year's Eve. We have always been kind of low key people and so it was nice to do something low key on New Year's..plus it was low key because we just had our parents here. We are so blessed to have them both live right near us. They joined us and we had a quiet evening together (except when K was crying in his crib "Mommy", "Mommy", which lasted over a half an hour!!). We also had good food. I made my Grandma O's potato soup recipe and it was delicious. We also had an amazing spinach salad, cheese and crackers...and a few other snacks. We played a few games too (Apples to Apples and Catch Phrase).

The best part of the night was spent in reflection of what the Lord has done for us this year. Of course, we all had things to share. I personally, am thankful for his strength as motherhood is difficult and yet he gives me strength everyday. I am also thankful for his grace, as I need that everyday too. M is thankful for the Lord's faithfulness when we are faithless....I too, am thankful for this. My parents and mom-in-law had things to share as well. It was so nice to end a year in thanking the Lord and begin a new one the same way. It is always nice to start a new year...new things...new beginnings. M and I have a lot to pray about this year, and we trust the Lord with everything. One thing on our hearts for this year, is adopting again. We are at the beginning phases of research again...but we are there again. Which is totally the Lord...as I have felt too overwhelmed in the past to even have the heart to pursue/research anything. Another total God thing is that M is on the same page as me...last time I brought up adoption, before K, it took months for the Lord to work on M's heart! And it was so encouraging that when I brought up the fact that I was doing some research, M said "Good, you are good at that!", and basically he said I am ready to be researching again too!! However, mostly what we want this year is to know Jesus better...for that is what it is all about!


My mom-in-law also shared that 2008 is to be a year of open doors and new beginnings...amen to that!


I hope you all had a blessed night, and were able to reflect on the Lord's goodness as well!

1 comment:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Wow! Exciting possibilities for a new year. I love your attitude and approach.

And spinach dip... YUM! Sounds like a really great night. We... went to bed. Boooring. :)