Sunday, January 6, 2008

First success


K did a great job in his big boy bed last night! It took him FOREVER to fall asleep (I think about an hour and a half...8:30-10ish), but I think it was mainly due to the excitement of something new. He only got out 3 times during that falling asleep phase...which, I think is pretty good. Then he got up once in the night...but never left his bed. He just called for me. I went in and got him settled and left. I then heard, "Mommy, gone", but he still remained in his bed till 8:45 this morning. He woke up and just sat in his bed till I came in! The first thing out of his mouth this morning was "baby" as he pointed to the crib! Hopefully we made the right choice about moving him to a toddler bed and that this is one successful night of many to come.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Yay! I'm glad you had success!

MICHELLE said...

Wow - we were just over last week chatting about this whole thing and here K is in a big boy bed!!! It is just like him to do wild acrobatics on his crib. Pretty scary isn't it? I remember the first bad fall Samuel had and that was it for us. Well, I hope it continues to go well. Call if you need any pep talks. Consistency will produce fruit. We'll be praying for easy bed times in the future!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful when God puts into your heart that the timing is right. Kyle will do great and so will Mom & Dad. I will have to get over and check it all out.
Love, hugs and kisses
Grandma S

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Victory!!! Go Kyle!

-Andrea

bethany said...

How has he done on subsequent nights? :)